CANDLE CARE AND SAFETY
- Always trim wicks to 5 mm and remove any wick debris before lighting. We use 100% cotton, lead free wicks. Sometimes you will notice a ‘mushrooming’ of the wick. To provide the cleanest burn possible, we recommend you remove the black ‘mushroom’ before burning and periodically during the burning.
- The first time you light your candle, you must let it burn for 3-4 hours to allow the melted wax to reach the edge of the container to prevent your candle from tunneling.
- Candles are sensitive to temperature and light. Avoid candles from melting and cracking by storing your candles in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, dust and fluorescent light. Store your candles in an upright position and don’t leave your candles in your car on a warm day.
- Don't place a burning candle near clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable.
- Place candle holders on a stable, heat-resistant surface that is sturdy and large enough to catch any melted wax.
- Keep lit candles away from drafts, ceiling fans and any air currents.
- Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or before going to sleep or if the flame gets too close to the candle holder or container.
- A candle should not be burned for more than 4 hours at a time.